The Minister stated that the switch from paper notifications to electronic notifications to facilitate the registration of calves was very encouraging. In 2019 over 70% of calves born were registered on the Animal Identification and Movement System (AIMS) using electronic notifications.
This introduction of the new Calf Registration App (Calf-Reg) offers an efficient and user-friendly way to register calves electronically.
The main benefits of the Calf Registration App include:
· App is available on most mobile devices, (phones, tablets, laptops etc);
· Simple step-by-step process to record calf registration details;
· App records registration details even without network coverage, and can be submitted later to update records on AIMS when network coverage allows;
· App can be used in any location, including in farm buildings while tagging calves; and
· Prompt calf registrations that speeds up processing of passports with no postage delays.
+ 353 1 709 6900